Thursday 23 June 2011

Weekend Rush.

Well, it's that time again: weekends at the restaurant. I adore working, it's busy, physical, and I can't be eating. Pure bliss. And tomorrow night will be even better because I am finally starting to serve. I hate hostessing with such a burning passion. It is so boring. "Hi how are you?" "Table for two?" "Right this way..." Stand and wait, and wait, and wait. Roll cutlery, repeat.  Shoot self in foot and hope to be sent home.

I'm really glad about this new place because everyone here is so nice. The place I used to work at was insane, and it's nice to serve families instead of the Russian mob. I highly recommend serving as a summer job, it's such busy work you are always moving. It's like a workout you get paid to do! At the end of my shift my legs ache and my shoulders are sore, but it feels so good. And then my tummy growls and I go to sleep knowing the morning will bring a loss.

Ahhhhh.

So I've decided to move my three day fasts from Mon-Weds to Fri-Sun. It might seem crazy to try to fast and work but I figure fast + yoga + work = greater loss than fast + yoga alone. I have 4lbs to lose this week, it's beginning to look like I might not make my goal. But I'm not giving up, this week might be a killer but next week I'm up at the cottage with my cousins so I need to push through.

I am so close to 109 I can feel it. I want it so bad.

Stay strong with me Angels,
Charlie

3 comments:

  1. Hello. I wish I could waitress, it sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm far to shy. Good luck with your fasts, just be careful at work.

    I love your blog, I read it all the time its just that I never comment, sorry. :]

    Stay strong,
    Leisel

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're job sounds awesome- I would rather be serving and constantly moving/interacting with the public than be sitting behind a desk at a library :/. My mom has been a waitress on and off since she was 16 (she's been working elsewhere for the past year and a half)- she was constantly on her feel walking so she could eat everything she wanted and never gain a pound. (Did you really serve mobsters or where you just being sarcastic? Haha, I could picture it now... Mob guy with think Italian accent: Hey yous, get me a drink, eh? Don't make me bump you off!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your job sounds great!

    That's the one thing I miss about my old job, 8 hours straight of not eating.

    Hope you reach 109 soon!

    ReplyDelete