Friday 11 March 2011

Day 1 of The Great 40 Day Fast

No I am not abstaining from food for 40 days. That would be insanity and I would die. Remember Angels, dying = bad.

Inspired by Lent and Ramadan, which are two entirely separate religious events, I plan on spending the next 40 days fasting from sun up until sun down. Liquids only until after 7pm. Crazy? Maybe. Fun? Absolutely! If any of you feel like joining in, go right ahead. You can alter it to fit your better, I only know my body. But please, if you do join in STAY HYDRATED. I don't want anyone passing out or hospitalized. I plan on drinking one full glass of water every hour, possibly two+ if I'm having a no food day. If you don't already have one, consider getting a nalgene. They hold ridiculous amounts of water for when you're out and about, they're more environmentally friendly than disposable water bottles, and they'll save you a TON of money. I like the glass ones best because they're heavier and keep the water cooler than plastic ones. The metal ones make the water taste... metallic. I'm super picky about my water taste. They also sell neat glass and plastic bottles at Starbucks, which are pretty but kind of expensive. End water bottle tangent.

My starting weight is 119lbs. Ideally I would like to lose 10lbs over these 40 days and get out of the 11x.  My grandmother came home with this awesome elliptical machine one of her cleaning clients was throwing out. It's not even old, they're just rich enough to buy the latest and greatest top of the line machines. Bastards. Anyways this lets me do some cardio at home (yesterday I ran around my basement for an hour and a half while no one was home.) and I can even rest my books on the machine and get some readings done. I'm an English major so if I'm not exercising I'm most likely reading. I also bought this little pink iPod nano last week because some fucker stole my old one. Despite dropping 200$ I'm so stoked about it because it comes equipped with a pedometer that measures calories burned. It never leaves my hip. Seriously, if you can scrounge up the money look into getting one.  It is a godsend.

Drink, don't eat, and be merry Angels,
Charlie

4 comments:

  1. I was thinking, "She's going 40 days without food?! Holy crap it's a female Jesus!" Sun op till sun down seems like a good way fast- that's the way they do it in Ramadan and I believe Judaism as well, but not completely sure on that one. Combining religions, there's nothing wrong with that :). You have your own elliptical?! That's so amazing! Ellipticals are my favorite machines at the gym. That's what I love about rich people, they give their "old" stuff away and it's like new stuff to the regular folks. iPods are a god-send- I would go nuts if I didn't have one to listen to while exercising! Hope your day-fast goes well for you!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear I almost cried last night when my grandmother walked in with it. If I knew who these people were I would bake them some cookies or give them my blood or something. Thank you for being rich!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I thought you were nuts when I first saw that title! Yeah that sounds good, and I wish I could do it, but living at home things like that are impossible :/ I only eat 1 meal a day in the evenings most days anyway :) wishing you the best of luck with it!
    Also, what is an elliptical?
    Stay strong,
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. free elliptical?! sweetness!

    i need a little ipod to play music to me and count my steps too. that would rock.

    good luck on your daytime fasting! :) that's kind of what i've been doing this past week except i'm waiting until night to eat so i can purge >_> ick.

    i'll be following youuuuu! stay strong :)

    ReplyDelete