Saturday 12 March 2011

Day 2 of The Great 40 Day Fast

118lbs. I am down a pound!! Be good to Ana and she will reward you.

This morning I did something I haven't done in ages; my ballet stretches. Oh god it felt so good. I've danced classically for 18 years now but since transferring from my lovely Musical Theatre program to sit in a desk all day and get cellulite English I haven't had the time (or money) to take a dance class. I started off at the barre (the railing of my stairs) then repeated everything at centre (my bedroom floor). My thighs are a tad sore and I know they'll be worse tomorrow but it was so, so worth it. I need dance like I need air.

On a more food related note I've stuck to my daylight fast regime quite well. I had a banana, some coleslaw with oil and vinegar, and a few nachos for dinner. Total is still under 500 cals and I know I've burned more today. On top of my ballet workout I went for a run and did a boat load of crunches. I am so determined to lose 9lbs in 38 days!

Oh and @lottie this is an elliptical. :)

Fast well Angels,
Charlie

2 comments:

  1. Glad your day-fast is working for you! You can definitely lose 9 pounds in a month.

    Yay! A fellow dancer!! You've danced for 18 years? My goodness that's a long time- I bet you're amazing! I started ballet this semester as an extra college class (once a week for 2 hours) but it's really informal and there's also some jazz thrown in. Once this semester is up I would really love to go to a studio and take classes (providing I have the money of course).

    What sorts of stretches do you do? We don't have a barre so we do everything in the centre, but I have a stair rail I could use! I'm tempted to start teaching myself with YouTube vids but I don't know reliable they are. I've made a pact to start stretching every day so ballet stretches would be awesome to do!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's amazing, it feels so good to do those exercises from an old sport. I played tennis for 10 years, and whenever I get out and do some drills it feels soo good. sending you skinnies darling!

    ReplyDelete