Thursday 10 March 2011

What's a Girl Got to Do to Get a Scale Around Here?

Shopper's Drug Mart sells cameras, videogames, patio furniture, and even suitcases. They no longer stock scales. Why? Who knows. Maybe people bought into the whole "throw out the scale, it only makes you unhappy!" bullshit. My mother bought into that a few years back, which is why I was out scouring the city for a new one. A pharmacy with a whole section of diet pills, blood sugar checkers, and calorie-wise foods does not stock scales. Luckily my Shopper's has a Health Clinic Shoppers attached to it and I was told by a sales clerk that I might (yes might) find one there.

Now before you get visions of this magical place dedicated to health products at low prices I have to tell you that it's.... well not that. The first thing I saw walking in were those chairs old people have to use in the shower so they don't slip. The second and third were magnifying glasses and walkers. I swear I was the youngest patron to ever walk in there. Ever. But they did have scales. A whopping 5 scales to choose from. Hooray. Of course I went with the cheapest one, endorsed by Weight Watchers! I'm not sure what the point of that is exactly, does it shout encouraging words at you while cooking you a low calorie dinner? (For those of you wondering, no it doesn't) Whatever the benefit, it was cheapest. Did y'all know scales are 50$? Of course you did, you're Ana's too. ;)

I weigh 119lbs. That needs to change.

Until we weigh-in again Angels,
Charlie

2 comments:

  1. I love our writing! Tis made me smile all the way through! I've been looking into getting a new one because it's so unreliable, however, I'm afraid of the change in numbers a new one might bring! And, they're very pricy- $50 could fill my tank up for a month. That's go you were finally able to get a scale though because at least it gives you something to go by. I bet walking into that store made you feel loads younger! I like your profile pic too- from ANTM? Amazing show!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ariana thanks so much for reading, I'm so happy you enjoyed it! The scale I have, despite being 50$ is pretty awesome. It can store previous weights for you and recall them so you can literally track progress on it. I had an unusual amount of fun in that store... an yes, ANTM is quite possibly my favourite show. So much skinny in one hour!

    ReplyDelete